Have you got your results today?

Coronavirus Forums Domestic Help Education and Grading Have you got your results today?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lou
    Keymaster
    @lou

Scottish High School pupils were getting their grades today, but many have been downgraded due to the moderation of teachers assessments.

It will be a few weeks before the rest of the UK get their results but it does make me wonder what will happen to them?

Do you think the authorities are right for estimating grades or do you think that pupils should re do the school year?

1+
    Dan
    Keymaster
    @dan

I think this way of grading is terrible. And everybody should ask to have their grades reviewed. There is no way on earth the outcome they have right now would match what they’d actually get by way of doing the actual exams.

That said, I’m not sure how they could have carried out the exams. They’d need to use large halls (which I guess they do have) and then lots of small pupil numbers over a fair few weeks to get the whole year in.

I’d have opted for that over guessing based on their work through the year. Not everybody would have put in 100% during the year, yet at the exam they’d have give it their all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Coronavirus Forums Domestic Help Education and Grading Have you got your results today?